Use this page to understand how the ICB works with its partners in Suffolk and north east Essex to safeguard adults and children.
If you’re concerned about the welfare of an adult or child, please make a referral via the links below.
Concerns about a child or adult
You can report concerns about the welfare of adults or children via the Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership, the Essex Safeguarding Children Board or the Essex Safeguarding Adults Board via the links below.
- Report a concern about an adult or child in Suffolk
- Report a concern about a child in Essex
- Report a concern about an adult in Essex
If you believe someone is in immediate danger of harm, dial 999.
For further information on key safeguarding topics, local policies procedures and training please refer to the Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership, Essex Safeguarding Children Board or the Essex Safeguarding Adults Board.
The ICB’s role in safeguarding children and adults
- Ensuring that the organisations that we commission to provide health and care services maintain procedures to ensure the safety of people at risk of abuse and neglect.
- Ensuring that processes are in place that enable us to learn lessons from cases where adults and children die or are seriously harmed, and abuse and neglect was already known or suspected.
- Ensuring that there are effective arrangements in place for information sharing on safeguarding.
- Procuring the expertise of designated clinical experts with the authority to influence local thinking and practice in the health and care system, in relation to safeguarding.
- To provide designated professionals for safeguarding adults, safeguarding children and safeguarding looked-after children (children in care).
To get more information about the responsibilities of our designated professionals and to learn more about our work, read our safeguarding policies (listed below) or get in touch.
Our safeguarding policies
To contact the team, please get in touch via the below:
Our Suffolk team
Our North East Essex team
Please note the ICB safeguarding teams are unable to receive safeguarding referrals directly.
To make a referral, please visit the safeguarding partnership and board websites.