Accessibility Statement for NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website
This is an accessibility statement from NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website:
Phone: 01206 918 700
NHS Suffolk and North East Essex Integrated Care Board,
Colchester, CO4 9QR
We try to respond to feedback within 5 working days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with JAWS 2020 on Windows 10
- Google Chrome with NVDA 2019 on Windows 10
- Google Chrome with ZoomText 2019 on Windows 10
- Google Chrome with Dragon Professional 15 on Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge with JAWS 2020 on Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge with NVDA 2019 on Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge with ZoomText 2019 on Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge with Dragon Professional 15 on Windows 10
NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website is not compatible with: Internet Explorer 10 and older versions and Windows 7 and older versions. Mobile operating systems older than 10 years may be partially, but not fully, supported.
Firefox compatibility on Mac OS
Due to the total absence of Accessibility Settings within Firefox on Mac OS, if you require keyboard navigation for menus and page content, please follow these steps to manually add a Firefox configuration setting:
- Keeping the website open on one tab, open another tab and type about:config into the address/search bar.
- On the page that displays, click on Show All. A list of advanced configs should appear.
- Look for the search field at the top of the list and type accessibility.tabfocus into it
- Look for the newly added accessibility.tabfocus in the list and click the plus icon on the righthand side of the page to add the new config.
- Select the Number radio button it and give it the value of 7 in the text field that appears. Press the tick on the righthand side of the screen to save.
Accessibility of NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website:
PDFs: PDFs may not be in an accessible format. We are working towards converting existing PDFs into accessible formats. We are also working with an Accessible Information Specialist to help us create accessible templates for new PDFs. If you require any of our documents in a different format, please get in touch.
Inaccessible videos: Some of the videos on our website may not have transcripts or closed captions. This is because we sometimes use videos produced by other organisations or our partners to help communicate information. Some of our videos may also rely on auto-generated closed captions. This is because some of our videos are recordings of live events and meetings. In these scenarios, it would present a disproportionate burden for the ICB to provide manually-generated captions and/or transcripts. If you need help to access our videos, please get in touch.
NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB assessed the accessibility of NHS Suffolk and North East Essex ICB website by the following approaches:
We have worked in consultation with The Shaw Trust to design and build this website to ensure it complies with WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines. The Shaw Trust will be carrying out a full accessibility assessment of this website during August 2022. The findings will be published to this page, along with our plans for any remedial action that may be necessary.
Complaints can be made via our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). Information on how to lodge a complaint can be found on our Contact Us page.
This statement was created on 15 June 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.